PART ONE: Beginnings.
1. Before NetApp On Computers, Colleges, Castration, and Risk.
Interlude: What NetApp Does.
2. Starting NetApp On Toasters, Angels, Resellers, and Ferraris.
Interlude: Redundant Array of Pyramid Hieroglyphics (RAPH).
3. CEO Lessons On Pixie Dust, Decision Making, Candor, and Going Public.
Interlude: Tom Mendoza’s Lessons on Public Speaking.
PART TWO: Turbulent Adolescence.
4. Hypergrowth On Goals, Doubling, Ancestors, and Pain.
Interlude: How to Fail in Executive Staff Presentations.
5. Values and Culture On Dilbert, Drooling, Lies, and Game Theory.
Interlude: Lawyers Aren’t Evil Fairness and Morality Are Not Their Job.
6. Managing Engineers On Development, Consensus, Doctor Death, and Magic.
Interlude: Scientific-Truth and Useful-Truth.
PART THREE: Grown-Up Company.
7. Customers On Love, Enterprise, Simplicity, and Partners.
Interlude: Shark Island A Parable of Risk and Mass Media.
8. Strategic Change On Reversing Course, Chocolate, Debates, and Core Beliefs.
Interlude: Speckled-Egg Thinking.
9. Vision On Whining, Eras, Future History, and the Meaning of Life.
Appendix A. Early NetApp Business Plan.
Appendix B. NetApp Company Values.