The key to your child's educational success is in your hands
"Knowledge Essentials is a remarkable series that will benefit children of all abilities and learning styles. . . I highly recommend it for all parents who want to make a difference in their children's education."
--Michael Gurian, author of Boys and Girls Learn Differently and The Wonder of Boys
"Finally, a book about teaching young children by somebody who knows her stuff!"
--LouAnne Johnson, author of Dangerous Minds and The Queen of Education
Part of the new Knowledge Essentials series, First Grade Success shows you how to enrich your child's classroom learning and take an active role in your first grader's education by exploring:
* What your first grader is learning at school and the educational standards to expect in math, language arts, science, and social studies
* Your child's learning style--visual, auditory, or kinesthetic--and how it affects the way your child learns and processes information
* Hundreds of easy-to-do activities designed to help your child meet specific learning requirements
* Environmental learning sections that identify learning opportunities in the everyday world
* Methods and checklists to assess your child's academic progress
* Information on how teachers evaluate performance--portfolios, rubrics, test scores, and other tools of the trade
* Recommendations of age-appropriate books and software that will enhance learning
Give your child the gift of your time--and help him or her get the most out of school with First Grade Success.