Written by Robert Zimmerman and Ann Lehman--leading experts in the field of fundraising and board development--Boards That Love Fundraising
not only shows that all
board members (no matter the level of experience) can learn to raise funds but also provides effective tips to the more experienced fundraisers. This workbook explains your fundraising responsibility as a board member while it:
- Provides information on board structure and its impact on raising money
- Outlines the concepts that will empower you to ask for money effectively and fearlessly
- Describes the wide variety of methods nonprofits use to raise money and the board's role in each area
- Shows how to recruit board members who can help with fundraising
- Explores the vital issues of fundraising, planning, staffing, evaluation, and working with consultants
"The book provides tips to help board members overcome the fear of
rejection and feel more comfortable asking for support."
-- The Chronicle of Philanthropy, May 27, 2004
[The authors exploration of] " ..topics such as how to ask for a
substantial gift and motivations for giving are especially effective."
-- September 22, 2004, The Foundation Center, Philanthropy News Digest