About the Author.
PART ONE: Understanding Emotional Intelligence.
1. An Age-Old, New Kind of Nursing Intelligence.
2. Emotions in a Techno-Illogical Age.
3. Emotional Intelligence and Leadership.
PART TWO: Intelligently Creating, Sharing a Vision, and Setting an Example.
4. Leaders Who Create.
5. Leaders Who Share a Vision.
6. Leaders Who Set an Example.
PART THREE: Intelligent Transfer of Information.
7. Downloading: Honing Emotional Intelligence.
8. Uploading: Coaching Emotional Intelligence.
9. Weathering a Crash: Conflict Resolution in the Health Care Environment.
PART FOUR: Changing the Culture of Nursing and the Organization.
10. Shaping the Work Environment and Culture.
11. Rebuilding and Upending the Hierarchical Pyramid.
12. The Future of Emotional Intelligence for Nursing Leadership.