Part One: Setting the Stage.
1. Introduction: Career Imprints and Senior Executive Mobility.
2. From Baxter to Biotechnology: The First Wave of Baxter Boys.
Part Two: The Career Imprinting Process.
3. Place: Understanding Breeding Grounds for Career Imprinting.
4. People: Characteristics and Susceptibility to Career Imprinting.
5. Paths: The Baxter Career Experience and Resulting Career Imprint.
6. Beyond Baxter: Career Imprints of Merck, Johnson & Johnson, and Abbott.
Part Three: The Consequences of Career Imprints.
7. The Spawning Effect: Career Imprints and Industry Evolution.
8. The Legacy of Career Imprints for Organizations.
9. The Opportunities and Constraints of Career Imprints.
10. Career Imprints: New Answers, New Questions.
Appendix A: Research Design and Methods.
Appendix B: Analyses of Baxter's Impact on IPO Success.
Appendix C: Baxter's Business and Product Timelines.