1. Citizenship, Politics, and Civic Engagement.
2. The Role of Higher Education In Preparing Citizens.
3. The Open Inquiry Imperative.
4. Creating Environments of Open Inquiry.
5. Teaching for Political Knowledge and Understanding.
6. Teaching Democratic Participation Skills.
7. Fostering Political Motivation.
8. Learning Through Discussion and Deliberation.
9. Learning Through Political Research and Action Projects.
10. Learning Through Speakers and Mentors.
11. Learning Through Placements, Internships, and Service Learning.
12. Learning Through Structured Reflection.
13. Putting the Pieces Together.
Appendix A: Course and Program Summaries.
Appendix B: Survey Scales and Results.