About the editors.
Part I. Undergraduate Students Assisting with Programs for First-Year Students.
1. Establishing a Common Ground: A Cojoint Training Model for Instructors and Peer Educators. (Eve M. Adams, Susan C. Brown, and Terry L. Cook).
2. Lessons From Peers: The Design Exchange Mark J. Chidister, Frank H. Bell, Jr., and Kurt M. Earnest).
3. Peer Teaching in the Experimental College (Robyn Gittleman and Howard Woolf).
4. Peer Facilitators as Lead Freshman Seminar Instructors Jean M. Henscheid).
5. The Teaching Teams Program: A Just-in-Time model for Peer Assistance Harold P. Larson, Reed Mencke, Stacy J. Tollefson, Elizabeth Harrison, and Elena Berman).
6. The Teaching Teams Program: Transforming the Role of the Graduate Teaching Assistant (David A. Wood, Jr., Jennifer L. Hart, Stacy J. Tollefson, Dawn E. DeToro, and Julie Libarkin).
7. The Teaching Teams Program: Empowering Undergraduates in a Student-Centered Research University (Lacey A. Stover, Kristen A. Story, Amanda M. Skousen, Cynthia E. Jacks, Heather Logan, and Benjamin T. Bush).
8. Peer-Assisted Cooperative Learning: An Experiment in Educational Quality and Productivity (Judith E. Miller, david DiBiasio, John Minasian, and James S. Catterall).
9. Students: Managing to Learn; Teachers: Learning to Manage (Martin H. Murray).
10. Undergraduates Teaching in a Collaborative Learning Paradigm (Samuel B. Thompson, Sarah B. Westfall, and Christine Reimers).
11. Peers at Work: Tutors at Spelman College (Anne B. Warner and Christine K. Farris).
12. Students Mentoring Students in Portfolio Development (W. Alan Wright and Bruce Barton).
Part II. Undergraduate Students Assisting with Difficult Courses.
13. The Experimental Study Group: An Alternative First-Year Program at MIT (David Custer and Peter Dourmashkin).
14. MASH (Math and Science Help): Supplemental Instruction at a Technological University (Ann garvin and Dale Snyder).
15. Undergraduate Peer Mentors in Mathematics (Miguel Paredes, Paul Pontius, Rene Torres, and Joseph Chance).
16. A Model for Integrating Technical Preceptors into the Classroom (Mary Poulton and John Kemeny).
17. Academic Excellence Workshops: Boosting Success in Technical Courses (Ruth A. Streveler).
18. Supplemental Instruction at an Urban Community College (Joyce Ship Zaritsky).
Part III. Undergraduate Students Assisting with Special Groups.
19. Peer-Assisted Teaching and Learning in Distance education (Judith A. Couchman).
20. Using Structured Study Groups to Create Chemistry Honors Sections (Brian P. Coppola, Douglas S. Daniels, and Jason K. Pontrello).
21. Student Mentoring and Community in a University Honors Program (Ronald E. Mickel).
22. Where Undergraduates are the Experts: Peer-Based Instruction in the Writing Center (Dennis Paoli and Eric Hobson).
Part IV. Undergraduate Students Assisting in Courses and Programs for All Students.
23. Peer Facilitators of In-Class Groups: Adapting Problem-Based Learning to the Undergraduate Setting (Deborah E. Allen and Harold B. White, III).
24. Student-Directed Instruction in an Undergraduate Psychopathology Course (Cheryl Golden and Calverta McMorris).
25. Peer Writing Tours (Lisa Lebduska).
26. The Workshop Project: Peer-Led team Learning in Chemistry (Jerry L. Sarquis. Linda J. Dixon, David K. Gosser, Jack A. Kampmeier, Vicki Roth, Victor S. Strozak, and Pratibha varma-Nelson).
27. An Introductory Psychology Laboratory designed and Taught by Undergraduate Teaching Interns (Stephen P. Stelzner, Michael G. Livingston, and Thomas Creed).
28. Undergraduate Teaching Assistants Bring Active Learning to Class (Melissa A. Thibodeau).
Part V. Undergraduate Students Assisting in Faculty Development.
29. Student-Faculty Partnerships to develop Teaching and Enhance Learning (Milton D. Cox).
30. Educating the Critic: Student Driven Quality (Elizabeth Kinland, Lisa Firing Lenze, Lynn Melander Moore, and Larry D. Spence).
31. College Teachers and Student Consultants: Collaborating about Teaching and Learning (D. Lynn Sorenson).